Saturday, February 2, 2013

February All Ready??

Geez people! I'm falling behind and it's only February! Lots on my agenda now that I only have 3 direct sales companies. I figure I'll add another one soon - gathering info as we speak - but I'm going to be working on introductory letters to mail out. If I'm lucky, they can be mailed this week! If I need stamps, it'll be next week. There's a few places I'd love to introduce Uppercase Living, like the condos, private hotels, property management companies, and others. With this being an area that draws people all year, there's a lot of opportunities for rentals. That could mean people want decorations that can't be stolen. Uppercase Living also gives a place some "pizazz" with looking like it was hand painted.
There's a local camp here for medically fragile children. They just underwent some renovations, and I'd love to introduce Noah's Ark to them. It could be a great craft for the kids, or they could use it as a fundraiser. There's a few schools and day cares in the area, but I'm willing to travel somewhat for a party. Fundraisers would give me some attention as I don't know if there's anyone else in the area that's a party leader.
Now, or it works!, I plan to concentrate on spas, salons, gyms, and boutiques. If no one has a letter template for introductions, I guess I'll have to work on one myself. Make sure they know we have a diverse line that includes the greens and shakes so many people are swearing by these days. (and I would too, if I had an actual kitchen!) We also have creams, wraps, and dietary supplements. I have a few other places in mind to target, but I'm not quite ready to give up my ideas yet. *grin*
I'm looking to get information on a local craft consignment store, but it's not exactly local to me right now. From what I've researched, there's only one in this area, and it's a good 45 minute to an hour drive from me right now. One of my long term goals is to open my own place, but that's not likely going to happen for awhile yet.
Really wishing we had room that I could craft here. We bought a sewing machine last weekend at a yard sale, and I talked the hubs into giving us sewing lessons. I'm anxious to start making dresses for the girls - we have the best weather for summer dresses! I'm also hoping to make some dresses and skirts for myself - and I'm not a dress/skirt person! If I can learn machine sewing, I'm hoping to make a few things to sell. Add it to the headbands I make and other goodies I'm looking to do. Before we moved I bought some supplies, and I'm getting antsy to sort boxes and get my hands on those goodies!
Does anyone here craft? Sew? When did you learn? Do you sell your crafts?

No comments:

Post a Comment